Mobile/Remote Check Deposit
Deposit checks from your phone or your home! Anytime, anywhere.
With our new Remote Deposit feature, America’s First members will be able to deposit checks from their internet enabled smartphone using Mobile Deposit, or from a scanner using Home Deposit. Remote deposit allows members to deposit checks securely and on their own schedule. We’re offering this free service to qualified members.
Notice to Remote Deposit Capture Users
Effective January 1, 2015, all users of Remote Deposit Capture will be required to include a restrictive endorsement to reflect that the item is being deposited remotely. We are recommending that checks that are deposited by remote deposit capture state: “For AFFCU remote deposit only.” Checks that are deposited after January 1, 2015 using remote deposit capture without a restrictive endorsement similar to the above example will not be accepted.
1. Open the America’s First Mobile Banking app on your mobile device.
2. Select ‘Deposit a Check’ tab on the main menu.
3. Choose which account you want to deposit the check to.
4. Take a photo of the front and back of endorsed check (see Check Image Tips below to reduce the chance of your check being rejected).
5. Enter the check amount.
6. Select ‘Make Deposit’ to submit.
Check Image Tips
- Use blue or black ink pens
- Place check down on a flat surface
- Ensure the entire check appears in the photo box
- Remove extraneous objects from the image (pens, papers, etc.)
- Ensure the check is not blocked by fingers on the camera lens
- Ensure that the background is a good color contrast to the check
Additional Mobile Deposit Tips
- Once a check is accepted, check the Mobile Deposit History tab for transaction information
- Checks deposited through Mobile Deposit will not immediately show in your regular account transaction history feed
- We will only notify you by email if your check is rejected
Begin using Home Deposit now!
- Open America’s First Online Banking site
- Click on the “Make a Deposit” tab on the red navigation bar
- Select the account to which the funds will be deposited
- Enter the deposit amount information
- Select your scanner
- Scan your endorsed check (front and back) and confirm image quality
- Click “accept” and confirm the deposit details
- Receive confirmation email
Before you get started, you’ll need the following:
- Desktop scanner or smartphone with a camera
- Java 6 SE must be installed on your computer in order for Home Deposit to operate correctly
- America’s First Online Banking
- America’s First Mobile App (available free for Android and iPhone)
Home & Mobile Deposit Resources:
If you have any questions about our Remote Deposit Capture feature, contact us at email@example.com or call 205-320-4000 or 1-800-633-8431.