Checking & Savings
IRAs & HSAs
AmFirst offers both Traditional and Roth IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts) to help members invest for retirement. We want to help you meet your retirement goals and ultimately have the most comfortable retirement possible. In addition, AmFirst also offer HSAs (Health Savings Accounts) to help you have more control over your health coverage.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
America’s First offers Traditional and Roth IRAs.
- All IRA options offered may be put into either an IRA share account or IRA share certificate.
- IRA share accounts pay dividends quarterly.
- IRA share certificates pay dividends for a specified term and rate.
- America’s First accepts rollovers, transfers, and lump sum distributions from qualifying retirement plans.
- Penalties apply for early or unqualified withdrawals.
- The NCUA insures IRAs up to $250,000. ESI insures IRAs up to an additional $250,000.
Any member under age 70 ½ with earned income may deposit up to the allowable contribution per year or 100% of annual compensation, whichever is less, into a traditional IRA account. Contributions may be tax-deductible depending on the participant’s income. A traditional IRA defers federal income taxes on the earnings. Contribution limits and tax-deferred amounts are dependent upon your adjusted gross income and participation in other qualified plans.
Most members with earned income may contribute up to the allowable contribution per year to a Roth IRA. Higher income levels may qualify for reduced contributions. Unlike the traditional IRA, the Roth IRA has no mandatory withdrawal age. Participants can also make contributions past age 70 ½ if earning income. Contributions to Roth IRAs are not tax-deductible; however, the earnings may be tax-free if the withdrawals meet certain criteria as established by the Internal Revenue Service.
Check Current IRA Certificate Rates.
Check Current IRA Share Rates.
This area is for member reviews of our products and services. If you have questions about our products or services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for a response during normal business hours.
There are no member reviews of this service yet. Be the first!Submit A Review