New Credit Card Program
New Credit Card Program
We are pleased to announce that there will be some exciting changes coming to the America’s First credit card program in May. Your new credit card will include an EMV microchip, as well as a contactless indicator that will allow you to tap to pay at select merchants.
Your America’s First credit card will continue to be managed and serviced locally and you’ll continue to receive the same great service you have come to love. In addition, for your added convenience, you’ll now be able to talk to a representative about your credit card account after regular business hours and access your credit card account information via single sign on directly through America’s First online banking.
What you need to know:
Your credit card will be replaced in May 2015
Your new credit card will in the mail between May 7th and May 15th. Please follow the instructions enclosed with the card to see how and when you will activate your new card. Do not discard or destroy your current card until your new card has been activated.
Your credit card number and expiration date will change.
Any outstanding balances or credits on your present card will be transferred to your new America’s First credit card account.
Your new account will show on your credit report as a transfer account and will carry the history from your current card. There will be no adverse effect on your credit score.
Your terms and rates will remain the same.
You may now manage your credit card account through America’s First online banking.
As of May 14, you will no longer be able to access card information and/or make payments through the EZCardinfo site.
To access your credit card account, log in to Online Banking, and click on the name of your credit card account (see below).
What you’ll need to do once you have received your new card:
- Follow the instructions that will be provided to you for activating your new card.
- Notify any companies that are automatically paid by your card of the new expiration date (i.e. gym memberships, bill payments, and subscriptions).
- Change the payment mailing address and account number on any bill payment system that you might use to make your card payments when you receive your May statement. New payment address will be: America’s First Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 37035, Boone, IA 50037-0035.
- If you have a recurring payment set up through EZCardInfo to pay on the due date (the 16th of each month), the payment will not process in May. You will need to set up a new recurring payment on the new system through online banking beginning May 18, 2015. You may also mail your payment for May or make a payment at any of our branches.
- If you plan on using your card internationally or for ATM use, you will need to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) by calling 888-891-2435.
How to use your new card (see video):
To learn more, read the FAQs about our new credit cards.
Or, visit GoChipCard.com for even more information about chip cards.