Open a checking account online:
2022 Gas Cash Giveaway
Certain restrictions apply. Available to qualifying members only. Checking account subject to credit approval. $5 initial deposit to share account (if new member) and $25 initial deposit to checking account required.Federally insured by the NCUA. Equal Opportunity Lender.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: America’s First Federal Credit Union 1200 4th Avenue North Birmingham, AL 35203 (“Sponsor”). Sponsor presents these Official Rules (“Official Rules”). The Prize, as defined herein, shall be provided by Sponsor.
- Contest Description: Anyone who is 19 years of age or older and a current legal resident of the state of Alabama that properly enters during the Gas Cash Giveaway Period, as defined and described below, will be eligible for the Gas Cash Giveaway (subject to additional restrictions below). Gas Cash Giveaway will begin on August 1, 2022 at 9:01 a.m. (Central Time (“CT”)), and will end on August 31, 2022 at 5:59 p.m. (CT) (the “Promotional Period”). Sponsor’s method of timekeeping is the official time clock for Gas Cash Giveaway is final and undisputable.
- Eligibility:(a) To be eligible to participate (in each case as an “Eligible Participant”) in Gas Cash Giveaway, you must be a current legal resident of the state of Alabama, who is nineteen (19) years of age or older as of the date of entry. (b) The following entities or persons are disqualified from entering the Gas Cash Giveaway:
- Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within six months prior to the beginning of the Gas Cash promotional period, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, research and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Gas Cash Giveaway; or any immediate family and household members of the foregoing individuals.
4. How to Enter the Gas Cash Giveaway:(a) Eligible Participants may enter the Gas Cash Giveaway by opening up a new America’s First Federal Credit Union (AmFirst) Checking account product during the promotional period participants are eligible. (b) Write-In. On a postcard or card that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼X 6 inches, legibly write your complete Name, Mailing Address, Phone Numberand Email Address, and mail with proper postage to the following address: AmFirst Attention: Gas Cash/Marketing Department 1200 4th Avenue North Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) Entry into the Gas Cash Giveaway. Write-In entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win.
(c) Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. Gas Cash Giveaway is subject to, and all Eligible Participants shall comply with, all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
All entries become the property of AmFirst and will not be acknowledged or returned. Neither Sponsor nor administrator shall be responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries or interruption, deletion or failures of any line, computer, Internet or telephone network. Limit one entry per person and one prize per person. Entries submitted in violation of the official rules will be void
(d) Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void. Entries in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Any attempt by an Eligible Participant to obtain additional or fraudulent Entries will void such Entries and that Eligible Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right to exclude eligible participants for these or any other reasons, in the Sponsor’s sole editorial discretion, including any violation of these Official Rules.
5. Determination of Winners: Sponsor shall conduct twenty-one (21) random drawings on the Date of Drawing listed below to select twenty-one winners (a winner for each branch) winner(s)for the specific prizes listed below (the “Winner(s)”) from all eligible Entries received during the Giveaway Period prior to the Date of Drawing. Each winner will only receive one Prize. In the event that there are no Entries during the Gas Cash promotion period, there will be no drawing and there will be no applicable prize awarded. The Winner(s) shall be notified via preferred member contact/account method.
The selected Winners shall be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification date. The failure to respond timely to the notification shall result in forfeiture of the Prize and, in such case, Sponsor shall randomly select an alternate Winner from among the remaining eligible Entries. If an alternate Winner fails to respond to the notification, Sponsor shall repeat this process a maximum of three (3) times.
In the event that all three (3) selected Winners for a Prize fail to respond to the notification, the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Prize Winners shall be required to verify name and complete address, unless prohibited by law. Prize Winner may also be required to provide a complete W9. Prize shall not be awarded until all such information has been verified (“Verification”). Eligible Participants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from Gas Cash Giveaway, and that its determinations are final and binding.
6. Prize: (a) The following Prizes will be awarded: New AmFirst Checking account drawing:
- DATE OF DRAWING: August 31, 2022 (Winners may be selected first week of September)
- # OF WINNERS: 21
- PRIZE: $100 Visa Gift Card
(One gift card per winner each for a total of 21 gift cards to 21 different winners)
(b) The following Prizes will be awarded: 21 – Visa Gift Card(s)
(c) Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received prior to each Deadline for Entry. Entries received after the final Deadline for Entry will be discarded.
(d) Prize is not redeemable for cash, unless permitted by the gift card vendor.
(e) Sponsor is not responsible for the gift card program, and any issues with the Prize must be addressed with the gift card vendor. Sponsor’s only obligation is to provide the Winner with a Prize.
7. Prize Award: If a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash or merchandise, unless authorized by the gift card vendor. It is expressly understood that the Sponsor is under no obligation to Winner other than as expressly set forth herein. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt of the Prize. Should federal, state or local law impose any tax reporting or filing obligations on Sponsor arising out of the Winner’s participation in the Gas Cash Giveaway (including the Winner’s receipt of and/or use of the Prize), the Winner agrees to timely provide Sponsor with any information that is reasonably needed for Sponsor to comply with any such reporting or filing obligations.
8. Limitations of Liability and Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor resulting from any Eligible Participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Program, or download any information in connection with participating in the Program. Sponsor, and their respective officers, directors and employees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) printing or typographical errors in any Gas Cash Giveaway-related materials and in the event of any inconsistency between Gas Cash Giveaway-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall govern and control, (b) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect entering or the operation of Gas Cash Giveaway, including, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connection availability, server malfunction, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, any human, mechanical or technical or electronic error, unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Gas Cash Giveaway, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms, or destruction of any aspect of the Gas Cash Giveaway, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Gas Cash Giveaway; or (c) any condition caused by events that may cause the Gas Cash Giveaway to be disrupted or corrupted, regardless of the reason. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to Eligible Participants’ or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participating in Gas Cash Giveaway. By participating in the Gas Cash Giveaway, Eligible Participants agree to release and hold Entities harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Eligible Participant’s participation in Gas Cash Giveaway including, without limitation, any use or misuse of the Prize. By accepting a Prize, Winners agree to release and hold Sponsor harmless for any loss or injury including, without limitation, any personal injury or property damage resulting from participation in Gas Cash Giveaway or use of a Prize.
10. Rules Request: To request a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winners List,” to: Official Rules Request/Winner’s Names Request, AmFirst 1200 4th Avenue North Birmingham, AL 35203.